Give Play Purpose
You can serve your community and enrich kids’ lives with a church playground from Miracle® Recreation.
Church playgrounds help your place of worship or faith organization in many ways. If you wish to attract those with children, church playground equipment can make your organization more appealing. Play areas can be a fun and enriching space for children to spend time at your place of worship. These spaces can even be used for faith-based youth activities. Just as your organization provides spiritual support, playground equipment for churches and other places of worship also helps you serve your community by offering an enriching place for children to play, stay active and learn.
Start your church playground project today and browse all our available products!
Benefits of Church Playground Equipment
Playgrounds are fun, family-friendly spaces for kids to enjoy, but they serve many purposes beyond play. When you implement playground equipment onto your church grounds, you’ll experience many perks that benefit your organization, church members and community.
Church playground equipment increases your building’s visual appeal with bright colors, interesting structures and innovative features. This equipment helps churches appear more attractive and welcoming to onlookers, drawing in new visitors.
You can boost your church’s appearance even further by implementing a themed or custom playground that puts an innovative, modern twist on classic playground equipment. For example, you can choose an adventure-themed playground like a jungle. You can even use biblical stories like Noah’s Ark as inspiration.View All Products
Playgrounds are a great place to conduct youth activities and hold outdoor Sunday school. No matter what types of events or programs you offer at your church, you can make them even more fun and engaging for kids by holding them on the playground. Playgrounds are also ideal for church-wide outdoor events like picnics, giving children a place to play while adults converse and interact nearby.
Church playgrounds aren’t just ideal for kids — they also benefit the community. With a playground on your property, you can:
- Create a better sense of togetherness: Playgrounds provide a space for individuals to connect with other families after church, encouraging community socialization and friendships. These positive interactions generate feelings of belonging and harmony among churchgoers.
- Improve quality of life: Playgrounds promote increased physical and mental health, helping community members enhance their quality of life.
- Reduce crime: According to research, community playgrounds can reduce crime and improve the lives of at-risk kids.
When kids play on playgrounds, they have fun while engaging in physical fitness. Typical playground actions like climbing, jumping and swinging can help kids improve many aspects of their physical health and wellness, including:
- Cardiovascular health.
- Muscle development.
- Bone health.
- Upper- and lower-body strength.
Playgrounds offer an environment that promotes cognitive development for kids of all ages, helping them gain the skills they need to grow and progress. Some of the primary skills that children can improve by playing on church playground equipment include:
- Critical thinking.
- Self-esteem and confidence.
- Strategic planning.
- Imagination and creativity.
Playgrounds also encourage interactions between kids. This socialization equips children with many skills, including:
- Making friends
- Overcoming challenges
Choosing the Right Play Equipment for Your Faith Organization
When choosing equipment for the play space, consider the following:
- Where will the playground equipment go? Consider the space you have as well as the terrain involved. Will you need a shade canopy to keep out the sun? Will you need to adjust for uneven ground? Are there trees nearby that may interfere with how your equipment can be configured? Miracle® Recreation can help if you want to create a fun, enriching playground but aren’t sure where to start.
- Who will use the equipment? Playground equipment for older children may not be age-appropriate for toddlers. Consider the typical age range of the kids playing on your play equipment, and make sure to choose equipment appropriate for their abilities and ages. You will also want to consider inclusive play equipment. Just as your place of worship accepts everyone, your playground should be welcoming to children of all ages and abilities as well. We also offer a protective PlayArmor™ coating to better prevent the spread of germs on your play structures.
- How will the equipment be used? Consider whether you will be using the play equipment mainly to get children playing or whether you want to use it as part of religious programs for kids. If the equipment is mainly for play, look for enriching equipment that is fun while also helping children develop socially, physically, emotionally and cognitively. If it will be used for religious programs, speak with your community to find out what kind of play equipment will help you create the program you want. From play structures to commercial swing sets and slides, we have a tremendous assortment of engaging play equipment for religious centers.
- What is your budget? When it comes to church playground equipment, affordable options are important. Miracle Recreation reps can show you a number of budget-friendly options that don’t skimp on safety, quality or fun. You can also phase-build your play space, which allows you to pay for your playground over time. Don’t forget to explore financing options, fundraising and grants to help you pay for play equipment.
Ready to get your playground started? Contact us today for expert guidance and answers to your questions!
Add Enriching and Inclusive Equipment to Your Place to Worship
Contact your nearest Miracle Recreation sales representative to get customized advice and help on building the playground that will help your religious community the most. Get started by browsing our playground products or requesting a quote.Find Your Representative